March 18, 2020 COVID-19 UPDATE
As information and updates of COVID-19 continue, we have decided to follow the CDC’s recommendation to close our doors and suspend routine eye care now through April 6, 2020. This came as a very difficult decision for us as we know that you need and depend on the eyecare we deliver. As a healthcare facility, we feel that it is our responsibility to not only serve as an example, but to protect the health and wellness of our patients. Our main concern is the well-being of those that we care for.
With our closure in place, we will be routinely checking our email and voicemail, and Dr. Krywko will continue to serve patients on an emergency basis. For best response times, please email us at [email protected] You may also call us at 480.900.2020 and leave a message.
We will be processing glasses and contact lens orders as they arrive and will call you when they’re ready to be dispensed. As we are at the mercy of our labs and contact lens distributors, please do not be alarmed if your order(s) are delayed. We promise to do everything in our power to deliver your glasses and contact lenses as quickly as possible.
If you have glasses or contact lenses already needing to be picked-up, we’re happy to ship them to you for a charge of $15, or you can contact us to coordinate a time for you to pick them up here. WE WILL BE ACCESSIBLE DURING OUR CLOSURE!!! If you’ve had a contact lens evaluation with us, stay tuned for an email from Dr. Contact Lens; a courtesy service that enables you to order your contacts online and have them direct shipped to you. We recommend having a 3-6 month supply of contact lenses and contact lens solution on-hand as we know not what to anticipate with regards to future distribution.
We wish you all health and wellness through this uncertain time and will keep you posted should our re-open date of April 6 change. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns,
With the growing concern of COVID-19, we at Eyes on Hayden want to make you aware of our safety practices and how we are taking all necessary measures to provide you with a safe and healthy environment.
TO PROTECT YOU:
- We wash and disinfect our hands between each patient interaction
- Hand sanitizer and hands-free trash bins are available throughout our office
- We have face masks available upon request for your exam
- Glasses are wiped down with alcohol after being tried on
- We wipe down and disinfect all hard surfaces, door handles and chairs multiple times a day
- Employees are told not to report to work if they have a cough or feel ill
- We gratefully postpone the appointments of our patients experiencing symptoms
REASONS TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- You experience fever, coughing, and/or trouble breathing
- You’ve had recent contact with someone infected with a severe respiratory illness, or a person considered a likely case or confirmed case of COVID-19
- Recent trip to an affected area
HOW YOU CAN PREVENT PROPOGATION OF THE VIRUS:
- Frequently wash your hands and scrub with soap for over 20 seconds
- Use a paper towel to open doors when possible
- Sanitize your hands after touching a door handle
- Avoid touching your face, eyes and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes, but not with your hands
- Avoid events with large groups of people
- Avoid unnecessary travel
- If ill, stay at home